Optimal Content Ltd (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
GDPR stands for The General Data Protection Regulation. It’s the successor of the data protection act for EU residents. These rules will be enforced from May 2018 and will raise the bar on privacy standards for how businesses obtain, process and store your data.
We have your data because you have submitted your information to us and ticked a box to confirm your consent for us storing your data in accordance with the GDPR. Your data submission could be via the account creation process, CV, job application, social media campaign advert, or a form that you’ve filled out on Optimal Content Ltd website (www.get-optimal.com).
Your data will be stored on our cloud based server which is fully secure. In addition to this, we use analytical tracking software to improve your user experience.
You may at any time request the right to be forgotten. Please contact us if you would like your details and associated records removed from our systems, and we will notify you once this has happened.
Similarly, if you wish to make any changes to the data we hold about you then get in touch and we will make the relevant changes for you.
Changes made to data, or the removal of data will be logged by our system for audit purposes.
You have the right to access any data that we hold about you. You may submit a request to access this data verbally, electronically or in hardcopy. All data that you have supplied, such as your CV, application forms, and any recruiter notes and comments will be made available to you free of charge. The system will log the event for audit purposes.
How do I opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving emails?
You can unsubscribe from receiving emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link which appears at the bottom of every email.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Get Optimal Content, a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 11445836 and with our registered office at Unit 335 Metal Box Factory, 30 Great Guildford Street, London, England, SE1 0HS.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search on our site, pay or receive payment, download any item, place an order on our site, commission services or job content optimisation or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your and/or your colleagues’ names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph and works which you have created.
2. Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
1. Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
2. Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. Information you give to us. We will use this information:
1. To assist in developing and/or completing the entry into contracts on our site and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or between you as a Client to provide you with relevant information, products and services;
2. To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer including those that are similar to those that you have already viewed, downloaded, ordered, commissioned, purchased or enquired about;
3. To provide you with general Optimal Content Ltd related updates and blogs; To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
4. If you are an existing or new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
5. To notify you about changes to our service;
6. To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2. Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
1. To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
2. To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
3. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
4. As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and free from fraud;
5. To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
6. To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
3. Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
1. Our payment providers;
2. Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
3. Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1).
4. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
5. Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
6. Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If Optimal Content Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and/or with our payment provider. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.